» News

Ignition Interlock Device (IID)- Will I be requiured to have one?

An Ignition Interlock Device, sometimes called an IID, can be ordered in cases where a driver was convicted of driving while impaired and had blood alcohol content (BAC) of 0.15 or higher.  Offenses such as the operation of a commercial vehicle; s…
Categories: News

Simple Separation and Property Settlement Agreement Myth

If you have been told that there are such things as simple Separation and Property Settlement Agreements, then you have been misled.  I ask you, was your marriage simple?  Well if you believe untangling the legal consequences of a marriage are simp…
Categories: News

The Power In A Power Of Attorney

Often overlooked in estate planning is the Durable Power of Attorney, which is perhaps better understood as a “Business Power of Attorney.”  It is a relatively simple document and usually much less expensive than a will but can have enor…
Categories: News

I want to get on with my life! What exactly is an expunction?

An expunction is an order entered by the Court which removes all information from a criminal record. The effect of an expunction is simple; the criminal record/event that is connected to your name no longer exists.  You are allowed, even under oath,…
Categories: News

Blue Lights in the Rearview Mirror

It is inevitable if you drive that you will at some point have an interaction with the police. This experience is stressful enough; do not make it worse. When stopped, make sure to do the following: 1-Pull over as soon as  possible and in a safe ma…
Categories: News

Enforcing Court Orders- Separation Agreements!

 The Twiford Law Firm, P.C., will provide a seminar on – Enforcing Court Orders- Separation Agreements! The seminar will be held at the Pasquotank County Library from 5:30pm-6:30pm on Tuesday September 11th , 2012. The seminar is free and open to…
Categories: News

Social Security Disability – When do you need an attorney?

A very large percentage of social security disability applicants are denied on their initial application and again on a request for reconsideration. After a denial of reconsideration, you may appeal to an Administrative Law Judge. As with most things…
Categories: News


Schedule a Consultation

Fill out our online form